Your name, telephone number, email address and data relating to your activities on our website are examples of information that directly or indirectly relates to your identity, contact information or location.
We also collect statistical data when you visit our website. This information may include your IP address, location details, general preferences, settings and system specifications.
The most evident way we gather personal data is when you place an order, set up an account, communicate with our customer service or when you leave a comment, review or other information on our website.
How we use this personal data
We use your personal data for a number of reasons, in particular:
- Making a booking / reservation – in order to streamline your communications with our Third Party partners, we use and share personal data, such as your e-mail and telephone number to:
- Personalize and complete your reservation with the venue/Third Party supplier.
- For communication purposes between you and the venue/Third Party supplier. In case the venue is overbooked, they will use your personal data to get in touch.
- Your personal data will NOT be used for any unwanted marketing purposes neither by us or a Third Party.
- After booking with us we will send an invitation to review our company on Trustpilot.
- To ensure overall smooth operations – your personal data helps us to constantly improve our website and enables us to quickly process your transactions.
- Reviews – we collect personal data provided in your reviews, for example, by registering the venue you visited and analyze this feedback to evaluate a particular product or service. We ask for personal data to be able to filter out fake reviews.
- We work with Trustpilot to gather feedback and optimize our workflows. After ordering on ThingstodoinAmsterdam.com you will receive an invite from Trustpilot to review our company. You will not receive marketing-related e-mails from Trustpilot.
- Overall legal compliance – your personal data also plays a key role in helping us identify and prevent fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities on our platform, communicate security messages to our customers and comply with relevant applicable laws and regulations.
- Safe payments – we work together with payment service partners, such as Mollie and PayPal, on all payment transactions. We don’t have access to your full payment details, but we may refer to partial information, such as the last couple of digits of your credit card number, for authentication and anti-fraud purposes.
We will only store your personal data temporarily for the purposes listed above, save for situations where laws or regulations dictate otherwise. You have the right to ask for your personal data to be deleted at any given point in time
Your user accounts
You may have created a Thingstodoinamsterdam.com account by verifying your email address. By signing up for an account, you grant us the right to confirm your identity with these services and access your personal details as explained under ‘Personal data’ above. You can delete or request deletion of your account at any point in time.
We are registered as a company under Dutch law, which specifies a number of legal bases that justify the use of personal data. Our use of your personal data is based on three legal bases:
- Performance of a contract – we might use your data based on a contract you may have with us. We may then use said data to, for instance, process online purchases for one or several of our products or services.
- Legitimate interest – based on a case of legitimate interest, which includes economic interests, we may use your personal data to, for example, tailor our content to best fit your preferences, or to fulfil our legal obligation as a company under Dutch law to ensure proper administration practices.
Third-party cookies and Google Analytics
We strive to not embed cookies with a lifespan longer than 26 months, although there may be exceptions to this time period. Cookies can be placed on your devices by us or by a third party, such as Google Analytics (Google’s official web analytics service). Google Analytics allows us to understand, in aggregate fashion, where visitors land on our website and how they use the site. We cannot disaggregate this data to analyze your individual behaviour on our website.
Our website uses technical, functional, analytical and commercial cookies.
- Technical cookies – these are necessary to provide the requested service. For instance, technical cookies allow you to proceed through different pages of a website with a single login.
- Functional cookies – these cookies help our website “remember” your preferences i.e. language selection, search history and registration information. For instance, the functional cookies ensure that you don’t get to see our cookie consent warning on every page load.
- Commercial cookies – these cookies are used to measure your behaviour anonymously on Third Party partners that we link to. For instance to track behaviour including potential purchases. The partners we work with have been carefully selected and regularly evaluated for quality standards. We do not receive personal data from you in any form, solely statistical, anonymous data.
The consent you give us to store and use our and third-party cookies can be withdrawn at any time by setting your browser to disable cookies and/or remove all cookies from your browser. However, please take into account that this may limit your access to certain functions and areas on our platform.
Third party access to personal data
We work with a number of third parties and may share your personal data for certain purposes.
- Suppliers – we may share your personal data with selected ticket suppliers. This information is used to complete, confirm or personalize your booking and can include your name, email address and telephone number.
- Business partners – if you book an admission ticket with us through one of our business partners, it’s possible that such business partner receives your personal data, which they can then use for their own purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners. We may also share personal data with our partners to prevent or identify fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities on our platform (for which we rely on the legal basis of performance of a task of public interest).
- Other third parties – we use the services of third parties that collect, monitor and analyse personal data on our behalf, including Google. Such third parties are also used to personalize and distribute marketing materials, including advertisements. We also use third parties to process your payments, sharing your personal data with them in order to complete financial transactions. All these parties are under the obligation to keep your personal data confidential, and can only use it for the initial purposes set out by Thingstodoinamsterdam.com.
- Legal obligations – we may have to disclose your personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by applicable laws and regulations.
How we protect personal data
We are committed to safeguarding your personal data against unauthorised usage, modification, publication or deletion of said data. To achieve a high level of protection, we take a variety of both physical and technical security measures. Physical security measures include restricted and monitored access to our offices and user protection measures on laptops and computers. Our technical measure includes regular website scans to identify security gaps and vulnerabilities. All sensitive information you provide is also encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Finally, we do not store or have access to your full credit card details. Instead, we rely on our PCI-compliant payment service partner Mollie to safely store and process this information.
Access to your personal data
Who controls your personal data?
ThingstodoinAmsterdam.com registered in Amsterdam as OnlineMediaHeroes VOF. controls your personal data on its website, mobile applications and other applications that facilitate our products and services. OnlineMediaHeroes VOF is a Dutch limited liability company, incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands and registered with the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce (no. 67947468). OnlineMediaHeroes VOF’s address is Zeeburgerdijk 11B, 1093 SJ Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Last updated: 18th of April 2019