“Discover the world for yourself”
The NEMO Science museum offers a unique experience for both young and old with activities and exhibits on each of its five floors. With the help of interactive experiments throughout the museum, science is explained in an understandable and fun way. Unlike most museums, at NEMO you are allowed to touch nearly everything you see on display. Therefore, a day spent at NEMO Amsterdam is especially fun for kids, though the educational experience is perfect for a science lover or learner of any age. At this museum, expect to learn exciting things like how lightning works, how to build a proper bridge, and the ability to try and capture as much energy as possible from sources such as water, wind, and light!
– Make sure to redeem our exclusive Tours & Tickets discount code ‘THINGSTODO10‘ and get 10% discount –
- Sensational Science: This exhibition all about everyday experiences such as sound and light.
- Science Throughout the Ages: A selection of research and discoveries from the past.
- World of Shapes: Mathematics is all around you. Discover where to find it here.
- Energize: Everything exists out of energy. How much water, wind, and light energy can you capture?
- Machine Park: Learn everything there is to know about logistics and sending goods around the world.
- Amazing Constructions: Nature is both mankind’s biggest friend and enemy. Learn how you can collaborate with nature to create huge structures.
- Water World: Drinkable water has to go through a long process. This system in NEMO lets you prepare clean drinking water.
- Water Power: Can you control an endless stream of water by building dams?
- The Search for Life: Learn everything about the secrets of both life on earth and extraterrestrial life forms.
- Teen Facts: Work together on these funny tests about teens and their hormones, including important information about sex.
- Laboratory: In this exhibition, you are the scientist. But first you have to dress like one! Let all the crazy experiments begin!
- Journey through the mind: Curious about what happens in your head? Discover everything about the human brain in an interactive way.
- Energetica: Located on the roof of the building, you can learn how to generate power using the elements of nature.
- Be prepared that after you visit NEMO Amsterdam, you won’t be looking at the world the same way again!
Note: We advise you to let yourself be well informed before your arrival about the many workshops or demonstrations that are happening throughout your visit that day in order to get the entire NEMO experience.
The video below gives you a nice look at the nearly endless possibilities that NEMO Amsterdam has to offer. This science museum in Amsterdam is a one of a kind. The video is fun, but one thing is for sure — you have to experience NEMO Science Center for yourself!
Information video: Nemo Amsterdam
NEMO Amsterdam is open daily, with the exception of King’s Day and several Mondays in the months January, September, October, November and December. Check out the full list of dates below.
|Daily Monday to Sunday||10:00 – 17:30|
Note: please take a close look at the exceptions on the regular opening times to avoid disappointments.
The dates below NEMO is closed to public.
- Monday 7 January 2019
- Monday 14 January 2019
- Monday 21 January 2019
- Monday 28 January 2019
- Monday 4 February 2019
- Monday 11 February 2019
- King’s Day, 27 April 2019
- Monday 9 September 2019
- Monday 16 September 2019
- Monday 23 September 2019
- Monday 30 September 2019
- Monday 7 October 2019
- Monday 4 November 2019
- Monday 11 November 2019
- Monday 18 November 2019
- Monday 25 November 2019
- Monday 2 December 2019
- Monday 9 December 2019
- Monday 16 December 2019
When is it less busy?
- Just after opening at 10:00 or after 14:30
- During weekends, Saturday is less busy than Sunday
- In general; the better the weather, the fewer visitors you’ll find at NEMO Science Museum
NEMO Amsterdam prices and discount tickets
You can acquire your tickets at the entrance for NEMO Amsterdam, or online to skip the long queues. On weekends, it is almost sure to be crowded, so book your tickets online to avoid the lines. You can show your e-ticket on your mobile device or print out a hard copy to take with you. Ask the reception at your hotel or hostel for printing access.
Click the blue button below for discounted tickets!
Regular NEMO entrance prices
|Children under 4||Free entrance|
|Aged 4 and older & adults||€ 17.50|
|With I amsterdam card||Free entrance|
Online discount tickets
Check out special offers by our trusted ticket partners below for exclusive discounts!
|Youth Groups||€ 5.50/person, supervisor gets in free|
|Primary Schools||€ 5.50/person, supervisor gets in free|
|Secondary Schools||€ 6.50/person, supervisor gets in free|
Note: You must book the Youth Group tickets in advance on the NEMO website.
Address, Contact Information and Route to the museum
NEMO Amsterdam is located at Oosterdok 2 which is very close to Amsterdam Central Station. When you are at Amsterdam Central Station, NEMO is very easy to recognize by its unique color and shape — just look for a copper-green building! It really is a one of a kind structure. It is meant to be a ship that is rising from the waters above Amsterdam’s IJ tunnel. The picture on the right is how NEMO looks from the outside.
Science Center Nemo Amsterdam
1011 VX Amsterdam
+31 (0)20 531 3233
Frequently Asked Questions about NEMO
- Is the museum wheelchair accessible?
Yes! Visitors using wheelchairs or strollers and prams are able to easily access the museum. Elevators and ramps can be found throughout.
- Can my child visit the museum alone?
Children aged 12 and above may visit the museum without an adult, but they may not supervise a younger child. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a supervisor aged 16 or above.
- Do groups get a discount?
Yes, there are special discounted prices for groups, with free admission for the supervisors. See “Tickets and Prices” above.
Nemo Science Museum
Nemo Amsterdam is located at Amsterdam Central Station. In this case any transport that brings you to Amsterdam Central Station, will lead you directly to Nemo Amsterdam. From Amsterdam Central Station it is a 5 minute walk to Oosterdok 2, which is the address of the Nemo museum.
From Amsterdam Museumplein:
- Tram 10, heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
- Tram 24, heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
- Bus 170, heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
- Bus 142, heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
From Amsterdam Sloterdijk:
Train, heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Train, heading to Nijmegen, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Train, heading to Deventer, stop Amsterdam Central Station
From Amsterdam Amstel:
Tram 51, heading to Station Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Tram 53, heading to Station Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Tram 54, heading to Station Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
From Amsterdam Zuid WTC:
Tram 51, heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
From Amsterdam Schiphol Airport:
Train, heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Train, heading to Lelystad, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Train, heading to Amstersfoort Vathorst, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Bus 300 heading to Amsterdam Central Station, stop Amsterdam Central Station
Reviews for the NEMO Science museum Amsterdam
We are always interested to find out about our visitors’ experiences. Please let us know what you thought of the NEMO Science museum and help fellow travelers!
Submit your review
It's amazing how the museum both educates and entertains at the same time. You can really learn while enjoying yourself. That said, you shouldn't go there if you don't like children as the place is swarmed with kids.
Take a look at one of the following museums below or go back to the general Amsterdam museums page.