Half-Day Bloemendaal Beach & Dunes 30 km Bike Tour
Cycle through the dunes of Bloemendaal and experience the beautiful surroundings with a professional guide. Experience the Zuid-Kennemerland National Park, the dunes and the beach, country estates, monuments and much more.
- Cycle through the dunes of Bloemendaal and experience the beautiful surroundings with a professional guide
- See historic buildings and estates
- Look at a working flour mill
- Enjoy a drink while overlooking the sea
- Enjoy the sights of the memorial stones that were built after the Second World War
- Enjoy talking with your guide, who speaks Dutch, English, German and French
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam or Haarlem and enjoy a unique experience in the beautiful surroundings of the dunes of Bloemendaal. Enjoy the fresh sea air less than 25 minutes from Amsterdam.
Suitable for all ages and levels of fitness, the bike rides are available as private or group options, all under the guidance of an experienced guide. You can also book a customised tour if you are with a group of at least 4 people. Cycle past historic buildings and estates to discover ancient ruins and villas. Stop to see a working flour factory and travel back in time at the authentic mill shop.
Enjoy the landscape of the Zuid-Kennemerland National Park, where 3,800 hectares of dunes bloom with rare flora and fauna. Cycle through ancient forests to see large herbivores, such as Scottish Highland cattle and Konik horses.
Look out over the sea while enjoying a drink at the best beach club in Bloemendaal aan Zee, or reflect on one of the 8 memorial stones erected in memory of the 422 people who were shot in the dunes by the Germans during the Second World War 2.
Included in the tour:
- Bicycle rental
- A drink
Meet each other at the DuneBiking center, Rustenburgherweg 8, Bloemendaal (note: not 8A or 8B) (Tel: +31 (0) 6 38 60 13 46).
Directions by train: A train runs twice an hour from Amsterdam (4 minutes) and half an hour), starting from track 1. The average travel time is 24 minutes. The train from Haarlem train station takes just 6 minutes.
For more information, go to 9292.nl.
The meeting point for activities is a 5-minute walk from Bloemendaal train station. For transfers by car, go to www.anwb.nl/planner to plan your route. If you want to cycle, the distance from the center of Haarlem is approximately 10 minutes
Good to know:
- This activity is suitable for everyone. The only requirement is that you can cycle the specified distance in kilometers and can cycle comfortably in a dune-like area.
- Children are welcome to participate, but children up to 12 years old.
- The Netherlands is an ideal country for cycling, and the routes are mainly on cycle paths and in relatively quiet areas.
- It is not mandatory to wear a helmet, but helmets are available on request. Children are especially advised to wear a helmet.
- The local supplier cannot be held liable for any personal injury or damage to the bikes during the bike rides. It is up to all participants to have good travel and/or health insurance.
- The DuneBiking bicycles are of excellent quality and very comfortable. The bicycles have seven gears.
- The use of your own bicycle is possible, in which case a discount of € 5 applies.